Thursday, December 10, 2009

it's deafinitely theatre....

Sign Language and the Deaf community has become such a large part of my life over the past 2 years that I honestly can't imagine what it was like before. I am overwhelmed and in absolute awe of the language, the culture and met some truly amazing people and made many wonderful friends. I can honestly say it has changed my life.
Tonight was the first night of 'Deafinitely Shorts' a night of short plays written by Deaf writers. Last year I toured 'Double Sentence' with Deafinitely Theatre so was asked to stand in for one of the Actresses who dropped out last minute and I felt really proud of how everyone came together through rehearsal and produced a really cracking and positive evening to a very warm and full audience. I returned home to find a link posted on my facebook page of a recent article from The Guardian about Deaf Theatre and wanted to share it as it's very close to my heart...
Here's a production shot from 'Double Sentence' taken by the amazingly talented theatre photographer Sheila Burnett (who is also a Brummy!)
I love the fact that after my Mum watched me in this very thought provoking, visual, disturbing, exciting play the first thing she said to me was 'Why did you have to wear your hair clipped back like that?'
Brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment