Wednesday, September 15, 2010

molly

Yesterday, my very good friend Molly lost her ongoing battle with cancer. I honestly can't believe it. Moll was only 39.
I lived with Molly when I moved up to Sheffield in 2002 having moved away from all my friends and family down South. Those couple of years spent with her at Khartoum Road are so special and so memorable for me. I really felt that I found who I was with the help of Moll. She was the big sister I never had. I don't think I've ever laughed so much or ended up in more crazy situations or felt as cosy as I did there. We would party at the weekend, go for yummy food, drag the duvet down onto the living room floor and have film Sundays, dance to great music, I'd listen to her hysterical stories and wonderful poems, she'd cook amazing food, we'd sit in the garden with Pippy and Des (her gorgeous cats) and we'd talk for hours and hours.
Moll had packed so much in to her life... growing up a complete punk/goth in Birmingham, going to Bretton Hall Drama School, moving out to Ibiza to work as a DJ, moving to Sheffield, learning Spanish, working as a creative practitioner with disabled people and meeting her gorgeous fella Dave and marrying him on the top of the Empire State Building in New York! Along the way she had made a ridiculous amount of friends and could remember absolutely everything... a date, a song, a name... she had a memory like a bloody elephant! But it was her sense of humour that I will remember her most for... we used to call each other 'My comedy partner' and I've never known anyone to love laughing and making others laugh as much as Moll.
She truly was an amazing, inspirational, talented, gorgeous, funny, compassionate, one of a kind person and she will be sorely missed. I think anyone who had the privilege of knowing her will carry a bit of Molly around with them and I am so so proud to have called her my friend. Rest in peace gorgeous lady, we all love you so very much.




Sending all my love to her sister Rachel (who is in the picture with Moll) and to all her family. xxxxxxx
Me and Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment