Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Wow. I am speechless.

Blissfully getting on with my work this morning after a wonderful day meeting and chatting with photographers yesterday at the Folio tour and I start to get a few emails and messages telling me to ignore the crap today.. huh?  What crap?... ohhhhh... here we go again...

So today the crap seems to be focused on an image.  With the Folio tour I was invited along as a Folio friend in Birmingham and Stewart asked all the friends of the tour to submit one image and to explain a little bit about the image and why you chose it....

I chose this image....






...and as requested.. I gave this explanation...

This image is from Jen and Chris' wedding in April... it's Jen's Nan's house which Jen and Chris now live in (and where Jen and all her bridesmaids got ready in the morning)
For some reason I just really love this picture.  The stillness of the stairs... constantly there... so many events, babies' born... celebrations got ready for, weddings, funerals... so many different outfits and shoes passed over that amazing carpet... so much history... :)

I wasn't asked for any specific image, I wasn't even asked for a wedding image..  I was just asked for an image that I liked...

...and then this morning it seems the haters started...

It seems that a few people think that the whole wedding industry is going down the pan due to me having my own idea of what I find beautiful.  It seems people think it's a bad thing to find beauty in whatever they choose to find beauty.  I think this photograph is beautiful.  I bet my couples find this photograph beautiful.  And I'm glad.  I'm really glad that the wedding industry is starting to find things like this beautiful.. as finally... for my own wedding I got to have wedding photographs that I liked... that were my taste...

...And that's exactly what all this is.. I totally get that my photographs, how I see things, how I love this carpet.. is not everyone's cup of tea.. I know a fair few of you despise with a passion  (like reeeeeally hate it)  that I cut people's heads off  (sorry, I'm gonna keep doing it tho)....  because I'll be totally honest..  I'm probably not too excited over your work either...  but that's ok...  we don't have to like everything..  there's enough weddings, enough couples with different styles to cater for all of us.. BUT... wow.. stop.... whinging... about... it.

I've spent the past hour reading comments.. really quite nasty, pointless, kinda not even on the point comments... things like "The 1970's called.. they want their carpet back.".... that's someone's house you're talking about.. and those people, you know the one's without heads, well funnily enough, even without their heads they have got feelings..

But you know what... I'm really happy with how I shoot and what this wedding industry is becoming.. I think the wedding industry in this country kicks ass... so many new, talented, artistic and exciting vendors who are pushing the boundaries and I guess if you're afraid of that then you could always mention it constantly on your Facebook status.

No comments:

Post a Comment